DEEP FRIED TROUBLE by TYORA MOODY

This is one mystery where the solution is as good or better than the beginning and middle of the novel. I have read mysteries where it seems as though the author becomes fatigued with struggling to write one more page of his or her book. This causes the ending to seem simple, contrived and a waste of all the reader's time.
DEEP FRIED TROUBLE by TYORA MOODY  is spectacular through the beginning, the middle and the end.

I really liked the main character Eugeena Patterson. I would like her even better if she would marry Amos, her next door ex-detective, policeman friend. Why not? He spends more time at Eugeenia's home than he spends at his house. Plus, he's met Eugeena' s family: Leesa and the two grandchildren and the two sons. The mystery begins with the murder of Eugeena's friend and neighbor, Mary. Now this is the interesting part. Eugeena and Mary haven't been on speaking terms for years. I thought hard about how it would make me feel to find my friend of many years dead on her kitchen floor. Would it be possible to rid myself of the guilt? I mean for years they didn't shake a hand. Then, one woman dies violently. Thank goodness this is a Christian, unpreachy, mystery. I didn't have to think of that type of guilt long because a loving God shows up throughout the book.

Another part of the plot that I thought very good is Leesa showing up with a huge surprise for her mother, Eugeena. I'm not sure all mothers would have handled the problem as well as Eugeena. Oh, she loses her cool, but she keeps her cool too. She gets upset in a middle of the road, lukewarm way. Yes, her reaction is lukewarm. I would have gotten much hotter. Of course, I'm not a good Christian like Eugeena.

So we have chaos in the Sugar Creek community. It's impossible not to want to find Leesa when she disappears. It's impossible not to wonder why the police are so pleasant when Eugeena gets involved. I found that incredible. Don't policemen usually become totally off the wall upset when civilians try to solve the case before they can even question the suspects? I also wanted more to happen at the hospital during Louise's stay there. Seems like a hospital is a good place for a murderer, robber to really blow his cool and do all sorts of antics. At least, he could have pushed a tray and all the items could fall down alerting everybody and their mother, but what do I know about writing a cozy? I know this one is making me sit on the end of my chair waiting to hear what will happen to Eugeena Patterson next. By the way, will Porgy stay in the books? I fell in love with him. I also love little Keisha and Tyric.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph