The Islands And A Movie Star Or Two

When I looked at this novel, I could not imagine how the author, Margaret Cezair-Thompson would bring Errol Flynn and Jamaica together. However, once Ida, a young teen-ager, and her father came on the scene it all blended together very nicely. While growing up his photo might have flashed across the tv screen.  What stood out? His looks. He seemed very handsome. When I looked back at his photos and movie clips tonight, he still looked handsome. The mustache is what draws me. My father had a mustache too. Maybe the spirit of a pirate lived in him also.

Now, I have found out that Errol Flynn really had a life on the island. I love the quote at the front of Margaret Cezair-Thompson's novel about his life there. "Back in America, little was known of my life in Jamaica." He wrote this in his autobiography "My Wicked, Wicked Ways."

Ida, the teen, whom I think of as the main character is named after a movie star. I know nothing about this star. I only heard her name float around my house because my parents loved movies. Her name is Ida Lupino. I'm anxious to know how this novel will develop romantically and maybe politically. I love the part where the neighbor's gather outdoors to watch a movie. Not every person could grab a seat. So, the others ended up standing outside of the yard. What did Ida Lupino look like? Why did Ida's parents name her after this star? Well, I'm anxious to get back to Ida and her friends and the stars.goodreads.com/book/show/The_Pirate_s_Daughter




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?