When You Don't Know Why, Who Gets The Blame?

The Tincture Of Time A Memoir Of (Medical) Uncertainty by Elizabeth L. Silver

Not wanting to share too much about this true story, I will only write that it is well worth your reading time. I've had sick babies, but I have never been subjected to the sort of questions put to the Silvers in "The Tincture Of Time". It is like a Homicide case. The family is often suspected first. Therefore, hard questions are asked of them. They must answer hard questions while in their hearts is the truth. 'I could never commit such a deed. I love them with all my heart.' The authorities whether doctors, social workers or police do not realize that long afterward the parents will feel guilt over the accusations. It breaks my heart to think how these precious moments with Abby are being destroyed. Thank goodness babies can not understand the words that leave our lips. However, I have read or heard babies can feel our stress.

I am thankful that this book did not miss my eye. I discovered it within the pages of the O Magazine. Then, I discovered it on many different sites on the Internet. I am grateful to Penguin  for publishing it. I am still pondering the title. A clear definition is given within the pages of the book.

Thank you to Elizabeth L. Silver for sharing her experience. I have just met Kendall. Her parents have dealt with a sick baby as well. The trauma of guilt follows them too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?