Yellowstone Heart Song by Peggy L. Henderson

While I love Time Travel novels, I didn't know the reason characters did it. In "Yellowstone Heart Song" by Peggy L. Henderson, Aimee falls backward in time to 1810. Her modern life is spent in the time of 2010. Zach Osborne, Daniel's father,  is the one who sends people back and forth in time. Zach does it by touching a dried snake head he keeps in a pouch around his neck. What is thought provoking to me is that Aimee feels she needs to time travel because it allows her to "escape reality."

The e book is well done. I thought so much about Yellowstone Park and its animal life like Bison and Elk.I also had the chance to discover the names of  Indian tribes. There are the Blackfoot Tribe, Tukedeka Tribe and the Shoshone Tribe. It's exciting learning how one tribe is very different in temperament from another tribe. I also read about the hot springs. Surprising to me, some springs are hotter than other springs. I also loved the fact that Aimee is a Trauma Nurse. Her skills will come to use in the primitive world she is visiting.

I also was enchanted by the romance between Daniel and Aimee. Their love is deep. Neither wants to live apart from one another again. There is friendship too. Elk Runner is a friend of Daniel. He gives the white man the name White Wolf. It's a powerful partnership especially with the addition of Aimee. There is also Aimee's best friend, Jana who lives in 2010.

Looking at the American Wilderness through the written words of Peggy L. Henderson caused an appreciation of our country's beauty to grow in me again. Yellowstone Park, Wyoming and Montana are huge and from what I understand back then only the strong could survive these places.

Who or what is Heart Song? I can't tell you. It will melt your heart. The ending? It left me puzzled. I wonder what Peggy L. Henderson will pull off in the next book in the series. peggylhenderson.blogspot.com/p/my-books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?