If I Run by Terri Blackstock (Netgalley)

 If I Run
My goodness, "If I Run" by Terri Blackstock is wonderful. It helped me come to grips again with the fact that we do live in a fallen world. People like Keegan, Frank Dotson and other people are deliberately cruel. One of the characters is stabbed six times. Who is behind it all? Try and guess. It's shocking. A girl is kept in captivity for two years. It's all heartbreaking.

On the other hand, God's people are just as real and mightier than those who perpetrate awful crimes on innocent people. There are people who have God's goodness in their heart. These are people like Miss. Lucy and Dylan and of course, Casey. I found it amazing that Casey, accused of murder, had the heart to care deeply about a mother and child. she had never met. She was willing to sacrifice her life to save their life. I think of Jesus who is the Greatest One to sacrifice His life for us. Saving us from death before we had repented of our sins.

I also thought about the hardships children face as parents grapple with their demons. Casey saw something no child should see when she was twelve years old. Thank goodness, Terri Blackstock gives hope all the way through the book. At the end of the book, she talks about "real" life. She is a true Christian with the gift of writing. I look forward to meeting future characters in her books.
terriblackstock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?