The Prayer God Loves To Answer by Daniel Henderson (Bethany House / Print book)



The almost perfect prayer begins with asking for wisdom. God's wisdom is given abundantly with love. With God's wisdom, there comes the ability to receive and use other gifts of the spirit such as peace and other fruits which will lead to good relationships. Just reading about Godly peace in our lives led me to question or at least think about  a couple of thoughts in Daniel Henderson's book "The Prayer God Loves To Answer." 

This one thought almost seems like a prophetic remark. It is definitely frightening. "In grassroots America, racial unrest is not going away." At first I wondered why not. I am thinking the author is speaking of our lack of peace with one another and within ourselves. I just always wanted to think that these racial conflicts would end and that we, as a society, would go on to another problem.

Another thought about Daniel Henderson's idea of peace is the one about the suburbs. This is such a bold statement. I found myself wanting to know where did he read it? A newspaper? A book? Heard from a pulpit? Perhaps I haven't seen a footnote. Really I think he is just writing in general but the idea is stunning. "Disorder and Every Vile Practice Erupts in Suburbia."  Just suburbia or the rural and urban areas too. I hope this fine Christian author is not afraid to place blame all over especially the areas where there are high rates of  minorities and maybe immigrants. I want to write don't feel afraid to include us. We're so use to not getting counted that any thought about our feelings or actions is welcome.

The book is definitely helpful. I'm thinking about the holes in my life due to mishandling people and also the sin of forgetfulness. Forgetting that God is so willing to give His wisdom to create wonderful relationships.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?