The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict



There are so many surprises in this novel titled "The Other Einstein" by Marie Benedict. One is Albert Einstein's seemingly selfish behavior toward the woman he falls in love with during an education in Physics. I am keeping an open mind because the "The Other Einstein" is written from the standpoint of the woman, his friend, lover and then, wife.

 I don't know much about this very famous man. The title is what caught my interest. I've always been afraid to come near any works or words about him. Thinking him a great genius with a highly intellectualized equation frightened me away. Karen Benedict, the author, makes him totally human. She also presents him as very flawed.

I've just been shocked again by the words in the book. There is a scripture quoted in the novel. It is always interesting to see or read about people who love the sciences like Physics and still have a high awareness of a God of the Universe. Anyway, the scripture is spoken by Albert Einstein's wife, Mitza Maric, a Serbian. Of course, we know Albert Einstein was a Jewish man. Here is the scripture:

Romans 8:18

 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."

 Then, Mitza, whom Albert Einstein call Dollie, asks herself this question. '"Where was the glory amid my grieving?" I have asked myself that same question at times. Haven't you?

This book at one time was offered on NetGalley. I am reading a copy bought from Amazon for a sale price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph