My Love For You Before I Met You by Yong Ho Nam


This poetry book, "My Love For You Before I Met You" by Yong Ho Nam is about love and marriage. The poetry is broken up into three sections. These poems are a way of leading us back to see the beauty of love and marriage. Each poem is written for the wife of the speaker.

Some poems really spoke to me while others did not move me at all. I did have the desire to widen the net and capture all loving relationships. However, I wasn't sure how the author, Yong Ho Nam, would feel about my idea. It just seems like these poems could fit marriage or friendship or a family relationship. Because there is always a need for inspiring thoughts, helpful thoughts about change and struggle as we journey through life. Here are a few lines that speak volumes and make me think about not having the one I love with me or not having the chance to share a beautiful moment with that person.

Don't you know that I need you?
That I need you in my arms
That every shooting star that I see
I wish upon our love

Yong Ho Nam goes on to write about a rabbit's foot and a four-leaf clover. There is imagery here. There is beauty that you wish to touch again and again in one poem or another. There is a desire not to take marriage or any relationship for granted. I especially liked the poems written about his search for his love and the faith that he would meet the right one to live with for the rest of his life. https://www.facebook.com/yongh.nam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?