Princess of the Wild Swans by Diane Zahler


Princess of the Wild Swans by Diane Zahler is about hate and love in the land of fairy tales. I have loved reading this book so much. It took me aways from the world of stress and worry. I have decided to read the rest of the series. The tale begins with a queen cursing her stepsons. She changes the boys to swans. Their sister, the Princess, is heartbroken. Finally, there is a way to turn the curse. She must sew shirts of stinging nettles for each brother. Her hands become ugly and sore.

On my fairy tale journey, I met many fun characters including the wicked queen, Orianna. At one point, she wore a ruby ring. That's the only time I wanted to get close to her. How big was the ruby?  I especially loved the governess, Mistress Tuileach. She's so kind to Princess Meriel who can not speak. She sends her thoughts to you. There comes a time when the old, cruel Queen will separate the two from one another.

Along the way, I have fallen in love with swans. Also, a guy named Liam who loved birds and other animals. He can heal animals. There are  long talks with Ginger tea  and scones. I have discovered Leek soup.  I have run from fire, fallen in icy water and discovered verse again.

"'I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done 
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.'" 


I've begun to wonder about shapeshifters. For example, Sadhbh. Her story is about love. She is turned from a deer to a woman. Her love travels to Afghanistan. I have begun to think again that life is magical, wondrous and adventurous. I've thought about a merrow and all the rest. I have a new neighborhood of friends. Oh, I'm naming my next cat "Catkin."


dianezahler.com/my-books/princess-of-the-wild-swans/

thedodo.com/swan-dies-of-broken-heart






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?