Lily And The Octopus by Steve Rowley

It has not been hard to fall in love with Lily. For most of my life, I've wanted a Dachshund. When I was a child, I called these dogs hot dogs. I suppose my wanting one has  caused quick feelings of sadness about Lily's illness. Poor Lily, I feel so badly about her feeling badly that the only cure became to shut my book for a little while. It helps to think that Edward, her master, is suffering far more than me. After all, he's known her since she was a runt.

Feelings of first love fall from the book like paper leaves. I look in my cat's eyes wanting to experience those first feelings all over again. It's not hard. At some point in a given day I feel that sparkled tingle all over again inside my stomach. So Steven Rowley is successful in one particular area. I'm thinking the type of pet owned does not matter. After all, love is love is love.

However, that old octopus is worthy of a stake owned by Don Quixote. The octopus needs a murderous pierce. Lily with her red ball has taken my heart. It's a Love story, one that I will remember and retell to my cat during Christmas and other happy holidays. Jump, Lily! Play with your red ball.
simonandschuster.com/books/Lily-and-the-Octopus/Steven-Rowley


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?