I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan



I'm pretty sure this is the first time Optometry has become a part of my reading experience. Dr. Georgia Young's career as an optometrist is what caught my interest in reading the novel, I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan.  Next, the title caught my attention. I like saying the words "I Almost Forgot About You." I do admit that at first the title seemed like a tongue teaser. Lastly, I liked Georgia's reinventing herself. I don't know whether reinvention is a true psychological term, or did it come from the pages of Psychology Today?

What I didn't like is hearing Terry McMillan's voice so clearly. Nope, I've never personally talked to her but have heard her in interviews. Next time could you tone down your voice, Ms. McMillan? I want to pretend the narrator is a stranger.terrymcmillan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?