Have A Blessed Mother's Day~

I know, I can't help it. I'm reading again Everyday Use by Alice Walker. I love the women in this short story. There are two sisters. I'm definitely not Dee. The world seems made just for her. It bows at her feet while Maggie is more unsure of herself. And Mom is strong and able at the hardest of times. Sometimes life is hard for women. If we're strong like the mother in the story, people tend to think we don't have feelings. Our tears are just tears. Another thought is our lives are so hard everyday, another crack in our walls won't matter.

Neither of these ideas are true. Women are the same around the world. It is true that the trials in our lives are different due to geographical location and race. Still, we feel the same about the struggles we can not, at times, give voice too. Black women, women from India, women from China or Mexico and Africa are I feel like other women. When we are pushed we feel shoved and bruised like the woman who has never felt the oppression of society.

After all, a heart is a heart. There is a book written by Dr. Maya Angelou that comes to mind, "The Heart Of The Matter." That was one woman who understood women from all walks of life. And many, many women from different cultures understood her and read her poems and autobiographies. When she died, the world cried. Today, on this Mother's Day I want to think of my role models, the young ones and the older ones. I want to remember those who have died and those who are still with us. Those women like Toni Morrison, Shirley Chisholm and Mother Teresa who are my role models throughout the year.

Yes, there are names not named here. That's because our world is rich with wise women. Women who just give because they want all women to have the chance at a good life. Women who act in place of mothers who have passed away, gone home to God. Thank you to all these Mothers. I think of my mother and grandmother, step grandmother and the ones I've never met. The ones I would like to meet, and the young ones like Malala who seemed to have been born from the womb fighting. Thank you. I hope your day is blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?