A Stronger Woman Than I


Oh boy, what a hard time I'm having here. I would like to do more Bible study. I am no different from most of us, free time is hard to find. When I have free time, I might end up reading a novel, looking at patterns for stitching or just daydreaming. However, I am inspired by Sojourner Truth this morning. I am reading her Slave narrative. All slave narratives are poignant. The one I am presently reading always seems like the most perfect one, the one that meets my needs.

Without reading the narrative, Sojourner Truth's name alone speaks loudly to me. I look at her face and think of character. Doesn't it look like honesty? Truth, is written all over her face? She's fully clothed in it just like the apron worn around her waist. In prayer, I ask Sojourner Truth to take me on a Faith journey today and tomorrow and... Make me a bit stronger in my many weak places, Lord. Like you did and continue to do in each life. pbs.org/thisfarbyfaith/people/sojourner_truth




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?