Still reading Limericks, at least, until tomorrow

It's the beginning of National Poetry Month, 2016. I'm still enjoying Limericks. They really jiggle my funny bone.  Yesterday I read one from Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The subject is a crocodile. Then, I tried writing another one. At this very moment, my fingers want to write another Limerick. These short verses make me feel free and full of laughter. There are rules but not so many as a sonnet. Did Shakespeare ever write a Limerick?

I think of my grandchildren. I can see them sitting down with different colored pencils or crayons writing Limericks on yellow, purple, red or even black construction paper. Fun! If they would decide to write one or two Limericks, I would like to receive them in a letter. Does anyone write letters anymore? I'm thinking of the ones delivered by a mailman.

What better gift for Mother's Day than funny lines from the smartest children in the whole wide world? I know ; It's too early to think of Mother's Day. It's just a tiny hint. Anyway, a Limerick for this coming week would suit me just fine written by those same grandchildren. I wouldn't think of asking one of my sons to write one about loving me to pieces and with three kisses.

So, I didn't write on April 1st. These funny rhymes would have been perfect to read or write for April Fool's Day. Didn't hear much about April Fool's Day this year. Not one trick was played on me. Thank Goodness! Well, I'm off topic. Adios. Have fun this month reading or writing any type of poetry you choose.

There was an Old Man with a beard,
Who said, 'It is just as I feared!
Two Owls and a Hen,
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!'
by Edward Lear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?