Possessed By Passion by Brenda Jackson (Netgalley)

Will Tyson Steele and Hunter McKay give in to their feelings for one another? That is the question that needs answering in Possessed By Passion by Brenda Jackson. They met one another eighteen years ago. Now they meet again. Tyson Steele is one of five brothers. Hunter McKay is an owner of an Architectural firm. When they meet again, Tyson comes off as very aggressive. When I say he wants Hunter, I' am not kidding. The problem for me is that he doesn't say he loves her as much as he wants to take her into his bedroom. He's sweating her that's for sure. His approach smothered me. I think it smothered Hunter too. Besides, Hunter has been hurt. Brenda Jackson describes how painful a divorce can become by writing about Hunter's husband, Mr. Robinson. He stole all of her clients. That really made me sad. In Phoenix, she starts her business from the bottom up.

It did surprise me when Nadine Robinson, Hunter's mother-in-law, showed understanding and kindness to Hunter. I expected her to take her son's side instead of Hunter's side. For this reason, she didn't seem real to me. Nadine seemed like a traitor. How often does this happen in real life? As usual, I enjoyed the author's look at family. There are the Tyson's four brothers and a new set of twins for one of the Steele  brothers.

Interestingly, there are two types of women in this romance. There is Tyson Steele's mother who is portrayed as interfering and manipulating. I have written about Mother Robinson above. These two very different women in one book make the woman not look so stereotypical and one dimensional.  I do remember the Steeles' mother from another book by Brenda Jackson. It's always good to come back to one of the families in these books. They become like a real family who might live near the reader. brendajackson.net/?books=possessed-by-passion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?