Plants And Flowers



I've visited the White House. So long ago it's indecent to write the year I visited it. Unfortunately, I remember the rooms more than the gardens. At that time, I didn't know about my sister's Green Thumb. When she moved to a country setting, I saw her raise beautiful annuals and perennials like petunias, zinnias and geraniums.

Still, I had my mind more on boys than on flowers. Not until I returned home did it hit me. The wonderful passion for houseplants. We didn't have a lawn in the city. I had two bedroom windows. One faced east. One faced north. Plus, there were wonderful stores especially the Five and Dime. There you could find the ordinary and the exotic indoor plants.

I didn't raise outdoor flowers until marriage. I loved digging in the soil. I tried planting roses and spring bulbs. The planting in the soil was just like playing in a sandbox. I loved to watch the water spray from the garden hose. It sparkled. As they had time, my family got involved too. I regret not spending more time looking at the White House gardens. I now hope to spend more time visiting Botanical gardens in different states.

I would like to write thank you to Timber Press for this beautiful ARC.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?