Find My Way Home by Michele Summers

"Find My Way Home" is the first Romance novel I've read by Michele Summers. At first, the obscene language made me upset. I quickly decided 'I'm not going to like this book.'  These four letter words mixed with the mention of a church made me really stutter and wonder. Anyway, because of the small town, Harmony, I continued to read more chapters.I loved the small place where doors didn't need a lock. I also liked the complex relationships. These relationships seemed so real.

I really felt sorry for Keith. He bites his teeth because of his many problems. Poor guy, he lost his wife and the mother of Maddie in a car crash. He's a cautious and good father. However, there is the relationship with his mother. It is far from perfect. Can it even be called a relationship? Since he left home at thirteen years old, he talks about his mother like she's a stranger.

Then, there is Bertie. She lives in Harmony, North Carolina too. There is a house she's always loved, a Victorian one. When Keith, a Pro Tennis player, wants to buy the house, all sorts of feelings erupt including soon a strong attraction. This is an example of Bertie's love for beauty and knowledge of Vintage items. She has a 1950 green chrome and formica table in her kitchen. How many people know that much about their kitchen table?

I especially enjoyed Karaoke Night at the "Dog." I thought it was an original part of the book. I once had a skirt like the one worn by one of the ladies in the group. It's described in the romance as pink with black poodles.  Taylor Swift sings "Because I Need You."  There is also Scott who likes Bertie. He comes on too aggressively. Bertie find it difficult to tell him off. This is because she's known him for so long. Also, there are deep feelings for his mother who taught her in first grade.

I would easily pick up another romance by Michele Summers. I hope there are less curse words in "Not So New In Town." An excerpt is found in the back of the book.
michelesummers.com/
casablancaauthors.blogspot.com/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?