Phillipians Discovering Joy Through Relationship by Sue Edwards (Kregel)

I have been excited to read and study Philippians. My interest became peaked while reading the life of Lydia, the seller of purple. How fascinating to learn so much about the color purple. In Bible times only the rich and elite could wear the color purple. In one of the quote on the side of page, I learned that Lydia was not married. Therefore, it is believed she was a widow. I wondered how the author or writer of the quote came to this conclusion. Perhaps, it was impossible during these times for a single woman to own property or to have a business. Could she have gotten her property from a deceased relative? It proves I don't have knowledge about the day to day lives of Biblical characters.I would like to read a book about the daily life of men and women during these times.thepentecostalmissionbelieversblogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?