Abiding In Christ by Andrew Murray

If I think of Art, I understand this scripture a little bit better. One thing that hits me immediately is  it's beautiful and helpful promise from God. In Philippians 1:6, these words are written. "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." While walking through the halls of a hospital, I slowed down to look at the different paintings on the wall. Obviously some people had appreciated the care given at the hospital. There way of giving thanks was to donate drawings of grapes, flowers and landscapes to the wing of the hospital.

I feel none of those artists would have left their work undone. Probably, they could see its potential of giving beauty to other people. They must have drawn with more enthusiasm as they neared the end of their work. They wouldn't have left their piece of art undone. Now they could see how their work might bring joy to someone else.

Looking at this example I know Jesus won't give up on me. As Paul writes in Philippians, He will finish me. That gives me peace. When he finishes me, I will no longer have these flaws of sin in my body. He is my artist. I am His painting. I am in safe and ever  perfect arms.

"...establishing us in Christ, day by day, is God's work--a work that He delights to do, in spite of all our weakness and unfaithfulness, if we will but trust Him for it."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?