A Tea Set

 
Christmas time is a time to look at gifts for those we love and for ourselves or just an acquaintance like a mailman. I looked at beautiful and whimsical tea sets this morning. All of a sudden I fell back in time. I remembered the china tea set given to me by cousins. Since I was a change of life baby, these cousins were much older than me. They were a married couple. The husband just married in our family. His wife carried my bloodline.

I will never forget the golden edges of the saucers and cups. The rest of the pattern was pure white like snow. Finally, I was allowed to take tea set into the back yard. My friends came over, and we had a tea party without real tea.

Gratitude must last longer than our lives. Because while Cousin_____ and Cousin____ are long gone I'm still grateful for their gift of love to me. I believe they knew how much I and my whole family cherished that gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?