Tranquility by David W. Henderson

In this day and age, tranquility is not easy to find. Since I am a worrywart, the title Tranquility by David W. Henderson bounced out at me like a neon light. So also did the words in the book. Welcoming to each new chapter were literary quotations.

Lately I've been drawn to nature because of the silence in a park, a look at a bed of flowers or a look up at the night stars seems the place to discover this peace. I slowed down my reading pace while reading David W. Henderson's book and hope to reread some chapters. The pages are packed with spiritual advice. The author clearly writes his feelings about slowing down in a world that is full of activity. The ability to "rest" is a gift from God.

I like the way Mr. Henderson describes and explains verses of the Bible. One verse which I never have read really painted a picture in my mind. I could see a Shepherd holding a sheep over his shoulders. This verse is called a blessing. It is spoken by Moses.

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders"(Deut.33:12).  First I see a sheep resting over the shoulders of the Shepherd. Next, I see myself as that sheep. I really liked the words "for he shields him all day long." Jesus is willing and desirous of giving us twenty four hours of blessed rest.

David W. Henderson uses literature and Art to make his points in Tranquility. For example, he uses the Classic novel Les Miserables as an example.   http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/tranquility

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph