The Midnight Visitors by Juliet David Illustrated by Jo Parry


This is a wonderful story about a lonely cow named Mariam. We meet Mariam in The Midnight Visitors by Juliet David Illustrated by Jo Parry. In the story, Mariam, the cow, lives with only one person, Dan, the farmer. One evening different visitors come to her door. They need a place to stay out of the cold. In the end, Mariam becomes happier with company and probably less boring.

My favorite animals were Ron and Rita rabbit and their family of three. Lo and behold, I had trouble counting the number of rabbits in the family. Due to my unease with numbers I'm still not sure of the number in the family. While counting, I might have confused a fuzzy tail or two.  At first, I missed Ron, the father, altogether. I almost missed the ladybug on a page who unfortunately does not have a name. It is fun seeing which animal pets are in pictures but not given names or asked to stay over.

The picture book is really good. It teaches children the importance of making friends.The story also touches on Mary and Joseph and the birth of baby Jesus. The illustrations are delightful. I love the dotty black eyes. I could also read the facial expressions as they changed from page to page. I have to give the book a big moo, moo for making my day.kregel.com/juliet-david/the-midnight-visitors/
kregel.com/autores/juliet-david
joparryart.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?