A Trip around the Sun by Mark Batterson Richard Foth with Susanna Foth Aughtmon



When I received this book, A Trip around the Sun by Mark Batterson Richard Foth, from BakerBooks, I had no idea how much meaningful material would become my gain. These men along with Susanna Foth Aughtmon have a unique way of sharing Bible concepts and ways to live an abundant life. At any given chapter, I wanted to take notes or stop and just meditate for the moment on a specific idea.At the same time, I didn't want to interrupt my reading about ways to live life like an everyday adventure.

Each chapter is written from the viewpoint of Mark Batterson or Richard (Dick) Foth. At the end of each chapter is the main point of the chapter. This point is blocked off so you can not miss it. It also helps as a memory device. I especially enjoyed reading about how much they love their children and grandchildren. How exciting to go on a special journey with each grandchild and share family journals.

Along the way, a book is mentioned. The books is A Touch of Wonder by Arthur Gordon. I read A Touch of Wonder by Arthur Gordon years ago. Oddly, I've never seen this book mentioned anywhere except in "A Trip around the Sun." My heart did a little pitter patter seeing the book mentioned. Since these men had read this book, I knew to expect a great read and wonderful suggestions along the way in their book. Thanks to all involved in writing this Christian nonfiction book. Thank you for the reminder in the dedication to always remember and remain thankful to past ancestors and also to keep hope alive for future generations. I now know the importance of  writing down goals as well. One goal is to try and read  a chapter of the Bible everyday. I might add a Louis L'Amour western for desert. bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/a-trip-around-the-sun/351780


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?