The Ming and I by Tamar Myers

I had so much fun in the Den of Antiquity. This is an antique store in Charleston, South Carolina. It's owned Abby Timberlake. Throughout The Ming and I by Tamar Myers, Abby or her friends Rob and Bob who also own an antique store name fine antiques. I couldn't resist looking up the Ming vase. I Found one that sold for a cool 1.3 million dollars in real life. When not thinking about the different antiques and wanting desperately to go window shopping down some antique row, I had to figure out who murdered Joan Troyan, a woman visiting Abby's antique shop. Sadly, Joan is standing in line with a Ming vase when a car shoots through the display window of the shop and kills her. What an awful way to die, I did think about how many other shoppers might have gotten killed by that car including Abby.

Anyway, this is the beginning of a mystery that snakes its way through the streets of Charlotte and all the way back to Roselawn Plantation. Since I am a child or ancestor of past slaves, I become a little bit antsy just hearing the word plantation. However, it is made clear in the cozy that we played a very big part in American History on the grounds of those fine homes.

I have to admit to loving ghosts. So, it felt good to meet Maynard and other ghosts. When a lady shoots with an ancient Civil War gun owned by a ghost, the gun really works. This is a fun cozy. Really enjoyed having Abby's mother along for the ride. She always wears a strand of pearls, and she's always twisting them. I had to laugh out loud a time or two at the words she would say. Abby and her mother go together like a hat and a pair of gloves. Tamar Myers must love humor and good times. Antiques? I'm thinking 'for sure.'tamarmyers.com/ming-and-i






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?