First Chapter First Beginnings

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com


"'Is it too soon to ask you out on a date?'" His voice cracked. Melody dropped the lanyard. Her stomach locked up, like she had just completed one of those crazy abs exercise videos. She didn't look up at Ned. Instead, she began stuffing the name card into the lanyard a little bit faster for a few seconds, trying to gather the courage to say what she really wanted to say. Unfortunately, the words she wanted to say couldn't come up past the pit of her throat. The words she wanted to say stuck in her throat like a blob of peanut butter.

Comments

Guess she is more than a little nervous 😺

Not sure if this is for me, but enjoy Tea.
Very descriptive! Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

Here's mine: “WHAT REMAINS”
JoAnn said…
Not sure I would continue, but hope you enjoy it :)
kayerj said…
I think we've all felt this way a time or two. Fun beginning for a book. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on
Well I wonder what she wanted to say? What a great beginning, I'd have to read more to find out! Here is my Tuesday post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/4158/
Tea said…
Have a Happy Tuesday!
Margot said…
It looks like I really need to keep reading. I want to know what she said next.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?