Writing Daily The Second Day

It's the second day of my writing goal. The goal is to write thoughts on the blog every day. I'm already stumped for an idea. What will happen on Day 7?  I once read, if you're faced with Writer's Block, you should write about being blocked. At the time, I didn't see the sense in the idea. Now that I'm sitting here writing about being stumped, it seems like a fantastic idea. Since I'm new at this writing daily idea, I will need help. I'm sure there are many helpful articles about writing on the Internet. Secondly, I need to keep a small notepad beside me all the time. Ideas seem to rush in to the mind at inconvenient moments. I just wrote an idea down for tomorrow. I'll spend  time today thinking of ways to develop the entry.

Since I am a worry wort,  I don't want writing to become another thing to worry over. I want to enjoy writing. Reading other blogs will inspire me not to give up. While on Twitter last week, someone asked this question. "Have you ever thought of writing a diary?" I liked the question. I'm always thinking about writing a diary or journal. I just procrastinate all the time. I might pull out my copy of Anne Frank's Diary. With all she was going through, she wrote daily entries. She will definitely inspire me.

If I am observant, I will see new ideas within my present writing project. For example, I can write about procrastination. Since I'm such a good procrastinator, I should write an interesting entry. Seeing my flawed self in black and white print will make me want to improve myself. At this very moment, I'm wondering why do I procrastinate?  Am I afraid of success? Maybe I'm using procrastination as a defense mechanism. I've always hung back rather than make a fool of myself. In the process, many dreams never came true, and I have my pocketful of regrets.

My mind is wandering down a different fork in the road. I started off writing about the difficulty of writing every day. I want to end on that note. I will change the word "difficult" to the word challenging. Writing isn't difficult. It's challenging. Challenging seems like a  more positive word. Since I usually see a glass half empty instead of half full, I want to keep my mind centered on "challenging" projects not difficult ones.  I think The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz will be of help. Also, poetry makes me feel good. Even sad poetry can make me feel at peace and move me further away from negativity. One of my favorite poems is "If." Ii's written by Rudyard Kipling. This poem always makes me want to change myself. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?