It's 2015!



I can't believe it's the new year, 2015. I have to admit my stomach feels a bit cramped with anxiety. Usually, years come and go with my least amount of attention. I do look at the old year on documentaries: I remember those talented people we've lost. I think about the horrible airplane accidents and mindless murders of innocent people. Then, I just go on living waiting for the next celebration or the next bad shoe to drop in my life. This year it's different. I am very aware of the new year. I feel like the days of this year are precious. I should treat these days gently and with care like a jeweler would treat the new rubies and pearls that have come into his shop. I should treat the new year like a geneaologist would treat ancient papers from the Old City of Jerusalem or the way he would treat a diary from the Civil War. I should mentally put on white gloves and  treat the year  like a fragile package addressed to me. I want to live it differently. Not the same old thing as 2014, 2013 and on and on like a carousel that never stops. 

Here I am. The days are already passing. There is no moment to waste. The days and nights will come and go whether I'm ready or not ready. When it's time to swim, it's just time to swim. You have to scream and plunge.

In this year, I would like to write  on the blog more  thoughts or plans. I'm doing that now. It's a try. I suppose for a while this is where I will write about my new goals. If I fail, I will write about it. If I succeed, believe me there will be many words to write about that particular success. 

I would like to end by giving God thanks for letting me live another year. I have no desire to leave this earth yet. Of course, God has His particular plans for me. Hezekiah asked God for ten or fifteen more years of life.Since I'm not a righteous prophet, I'm not choosing a number. I'm just thanking Him day by day for each day. 

Last week, Sunday, I looked at one of Oprah's shows. She was interviewing the author of The Four Agreements. She read the part  where he said to be meticulous with our words. I want to use my words cautiously. Thank goodness, the library had the book. So it's close beside me. 

youtube.com/mahogany+diana+ross+the+lyrics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?