First Chapter, First Paragraph

Prologue
1827

Nine-year-old Viscount Randall gazed toward Lyme's coast but didn't see where the glistening water met the vast sky. He  was too lost in a vivid daydream of being all grown-up, wearing the black robes of the British prime minister, and delivering a blistering piece of oratorical brilliance to Parliament about why perfectly reasonable boys shouldn't be forced to spend their summer holidays with jingle brained girls."http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com

Comments

Oh, this one does sound promising. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “CALL ME ZELDA”
Unknown said…
I like the opening, but I'm still not sure if this would be for me. I'd have to read more. Have a great week.
Nise' said…
I read a tease on another blog and liked it. I would keep reading.
I love "jingle brained girls." Although I only rarely read romances set in this era, Viscount Randall sounds like an interesting character. I'd keep reading.
My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.
Tea said…
Enjoyed all your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Chippy said…
If nine year old Viscount Randall becomes the man on the cover do we assume he changed his mind? :)

Chippy
Suzie Quint said…
The touch of humor in this opening is quite tempting.
JoAnn said…
Interesting opening... I'd read a little more before deciding.
Literary Feline said…
I really like the opening and want to know Randall more.
Hi Tea,

Pretty good intro, but by the cover probably not a book I would select. Hope you love it.
Yvonne said…
Not my usual genre, but it does sound good.
i always love stories about English aristocratics. Would definitely keep reading. Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?