Book Beginnings

http://rosecityreader.blogspot.comTuesday morning, 10:30 a.m. The calm before the storm. Faith Morgan swept a scatter of confetti across the stone floor of the church porch and chivvied it towards the pile of dust and other detritus she was collecting by the door. Outside in the churchyard, the heat of the July sun was already intense. If only this glorious weather could hold out until the weekend! St Jame's Church, Little Worthy, was celebrating its  900th year on the Sunday coming. Faith's time as custodian, just twelve months so far, seemed an almost insignificant chapter in such a long history.Lion Fiction

Comments

I like the way the author established the setting immediately. Sounds like a quiet village -- not a place where you'd expect a murder to take place!
My Friday post features FETCHING LOVE.
I love stories set in small villages, this one sounds like it will be interesting.
SherryGLoag said…
Wow what great descriptive writing, I felt I was right there.
Katherine P said…
Oh this sounds interesting. I love the description of the church. Thanks for sharing!
Tea said…
Yes, I love the description of St. James, and I like the small village.
Appreciate you coming by.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?