Wondrous Words

Driedl  Discovered this word for Bing.com. 12/16/14 on about.com.

 A dreidel is a four-sided spinning top with a Hebrew letter on each side. It is used during Hanukkah to play a popular children's game that involves spinning the dreidel and betting on which Hebrew letter will be showing when the dreidel stops spinning.judaism.about.com/od/holidays/a/dreidelhttp://bermudaonion.net

 A fiord is defined as a u-shaped glacier-carved valley which has been flooded by the sea. The fourteen fiords that fringe this south-west corner of the South Island were 100,000 years in the making, with the final details added during the most recent ice age just 10,000 years ago.




Comments

bermudaonion said…
Vance learned the dreidel song when he was in elementary school and used to sing it all the time.
Margot said…
I've seen driedls used and heard the song. I hope you have a chance to hear and see one sometime.
Julia Tomiak said…
Fjord is one of those words that I think I know but needed some clarification - thanks for that!
Anonymous said…
Two new and interesting words for me.
Tea said…
Thanks for coming by. I would like to hear a dreidl. I'm like you, thought I knew fjord, not! :) See the word all the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?