First Chapter First Paragraph

Prologue
London, England
May 1817

 "I sat across the table from the man I most admired, feeling self-conscious. How I wished I'd taken more time with my appearance. But my meeting with the housekeeper had run long, allowing me barely enough time to wash my face and repin my hair in a simple coil. I had planned to wear a new evening dress--but instead I'd slipped into the plain ivory gown I usually wore. It had far fewer fastenings." Bethany House

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com 

Comments

Beth F said…
Not quite sure this is for me -- hope you enjoy it.
JoAnn said…
The opening doesn't do anything for me, but I hope you like it!
This one sounds sweet and tempting...enjoy!

Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “LILLIAN ON LIFE”
grammajudyb said…
I have become a fan of historical fiction in the last few years. I would read this one.
Literary Feline said…
This sounds like it could be good! I hope you like it. :-)
Not my kind of book I'm guessing from the intro, but I hope you do love it Tea.
A promising start -- I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Tea said…
Thanks for stopping by. Believe it or not, it is good.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?