A Christmas Prayer by Kimberla Lawson Roby

I really love the cover of A Christmas Prayer by Kimberla Lawson Roby. Along with the beautiful cover, there is a wonderful Christmas novel. Alexis is in love with Chase. They are going to marry. However, they have one problem. It's called a future mother - in - law problem. Geneva is Chase's mother. She despises Alexis. All she wants for Christmas is for Alexis to disappear from her son's life. The novel is filled with painful situations: there is conflict between two sisters, Sabrina and Alexis, there is the emptiness Alexis experiences every Christmas season because she misses her mother so much, and of course, there is Geneva, the mother - in - law no one wants in their life.

All the way through the novel, Alexis proves herself to be quite a lady. I don't think she ever faltered. I really liked Alexis especially when she would do all she could to help her neice, Courtney. Then, I began to think that Alexis just is too good. She's the Angel on the top of the Christmas tree. Strangely, her perfect nature didn't disturb me. I liked this perfect lady. Too bad there are no perfect ladies in real life.

In my eyes, I felt Alexis forgave Geneva too quickly. The woman had said awful things about Alexis. It would take me at least a month to forgive the hateful woman. Alexis forgives her immediately. Perhaps it's the Christmas prayer that Alexis wrote down. I'm sure the prayer helped her through so many holdiday problems. As far as forgiving Geneva, Alexis came off too perfect. While under the magical spell of Kimberla Lawson Roby's writing or the Chicago holiday air, I accepted this perfect woman. In other words, I loved this novel and the main character. It's the first Christmas novel I've read this year. If I don't read another one, I feel completely satisfied with this one novel. Whatever my Christmas problems, I am ready to say "Merry Christmas."kimroby.com/bookshelf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?