Tuesday Teaser

"Sewing--once my very lifeline--was becoming intolerable. The fabric between my fingers, weighty. The pedal beneath my foot, oppressive. The thought of someone else wearing my labor, cutting. But worse than anything, sewing reminded me of my children. I didn't want to think about the children.
When I bit the thread, I remembered how small Wesley's teeth had been when I had first taught him to twist and pull it. When I stitched the hem of a skirt, I couldn't help but think of Patsy, who pretended she hadn't learned sewing basics, but whose secret hemline stitches were no worse than mine."

"David gave only one shake of his head. "His father died when he was real young. His mother passed away less than a year after Riley disappeared. She hadn't been sick a day in her life, but after he was gone...She died of congestive heart failure.
"Broken heart." Mac glanced out the passenger side window at the passing countryside."

Comments

Unknown said…
What a sad predicament to be in, I can't imagine losing my momma, even though I know death is inevitable, but still, someone disappeared too?

The story seems to have depth; hope you enjoy it! :)

Here's my TT:
The Book Thief | Markus Zusak

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph