Heart of Gold by Beverly Jenkins

I have fallen in love with Henry Adams in Kansas. I love the place and the neighborly people who live there. Of course, every neighbor isn't wonderful. Astrid Wiggins makes me want to take two pills and not call the doctor in the morning. As a matter of fact, I'm glad Santa Claus became sick on her watch.

Henry Adams is likable because the people are so ordinary. What makes them extraordinary is their loveing care for one another. The daily problems the people face are like problems I might face myself or have faced in my life. I had the chance to see how someone else would handle a similar situation. In Heart of Gold, I fell in love with Zoey. She's such a sweet child. I felt happy the old man left her such a grand surprise. It's amazing to realize children have wisdom too. What Zoey did with her gift made me choke up. Most children do like to share. 

I especially liked Zoey's meeting with Cassidy and her family. What a surprise! I didn't expect it. Zoey also is a model of what children feel when their families are not loving one another and just hanging by a thread. There are so many wonderful lessons in Beverly Jenkin's Heart of Gold. Are you a social worker or psychologist, Ms. Jenkins? 

Astrid Wiggins creepy crawly trick really made me sick on the stomach. I hope the author will choose another hate object next time. Really, I got sick to my stomach and a bit perturbed with one of my favorite authors. It's like one author in another book kept writing over and over about "throw up" made me sick. I thought Crystal's running away interesting. It just didn't pull at my heart like other problems in the novel. The problem seemed to get solved too quickly.

Oh yes, I loved the situation between Bernadine and  her sister, Diane. Diane seemed just as sour as Astrid Wiggins. I don't care if Astrid doesn't appear in another novel. I would like to see Diane appear again. I know the two sisters worked out their problems, but Diane still has to get her life going the way she wants it to again. Looking forward to always reading another novel from Beverly Jenkins.http://www.beverlyjenkins.net/books.html

 

Comments

I have never read Beverly Jenkins but Heart of Gold sounds like a great book to change that!
Happy Reading,
Rebecca

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?