First Chapter, First Paragraph

"Pock!" The distinctive sound of a plastic bat driving a Wiffle ball into the outfield triggered shrieks from children as they ran and played. My ten-year-old daughter Chrissy dropped the bat and raced toward first base, actually a luminous orange Frisbee.

It was Easter Weekend, a time for relaxation and family in Greenwich, Connecticut. Neighbors, friends, and local dignitaries filled our park-like estate. We had room for a ball field where neighborhood kids could congregate. Private security personnel were out of sight." http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com

Comments

I like the intro and would keep reading.

Kay
Paulita said…
Sounds incongruous -- a private estate with security, yet wiffle ball with a frisbee for a bat. Hope you like it. Here's Mine
Yes, I like it and would read more. Thanks for joining us.
JoAnn said…
I like the intro and would keep reading. Hope you're enjoying the book!
Anonymous said…
Not sure - don't love the cover but don't mind the intro. I'd probably keep reading a little more.
Anonymous said…
Not sure - don't love the cover but don't mind the intro. I'd probably keep reading a little more.
Kim@Time2Read said…
Except that we don't have a 'private estate' this sounds like a typical summer day at grandma's. I'd keep reading!
Today I'm featuring The From-Aways by CJ Hauser
http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesday-memes-from-aways.html
The intro drew me in...I'd keep reading.

My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-65-and.html
Literary Feline said…
I can see the opening scene in my head and even imagine being there. I would keep reading.
Nise' said…
I would keep reading.
Unknown said…
I like this intro and would keep reading. I think it would be difficult to describe the sound of a ball hitting a bat or visa/versa. So, I guess Pop! is as good as anything!
Unknown said…
Sounds interesting! Enjoy!
Yvonne said…
Sounds like it could be good. I'd keep reading.
Tea said…
Like some of you, I didn't like the cover either. The cover almost kept me from reading it. At the very end of the novel, I still didn't like the cover.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?