English Tea Murder by Leslie Meiers

Lucy Stone, Sue and Pam have just returned from a trip. They traveled from the United States to England. I enjoyed reading about England in Leslie Meier's English Tea Murder cozy. Lucy Stone and her group are traveling along with another group. One of the men has a serious case of Asthma. One man, Dr. Cope, is a Medical doctor. There are two or three college students. One young man's mother is along for the trip and a few other people. I enjoyed their travels around England because Leslie Meier writes about the foods, the historical sites and the hotels in such a realistic way. Believe me, the author doesn't romanticize England like I might have wished. Some places are described as old due to Europe's age and also the blasting of bombs during the Blitz. 

Who gets murdered and the motivation for murdering that person is very interesting. Since there are two murders unless I can't count, I don't see why Leslie Meier didn't use the title "English Tea Murders" instead of English Tea Murder. What am I missing? I hope it wasn't her idea for a red herring spoiled by me.

Although, as I wrote, the murders and motives are interesting, the cozy seemed more like a fictional travelogue. I feel the bulk of the pages are about scones, tea, Devonshire Cream, Stonehenge, the Abbey, the Tower, etc. Perhaps, the author had taken a trip and wanted to write about it. Anyway, the murders take a back seat in the airplane while she wrote about Harrods. 

Since I like travel, it didn't bother me. If you want more murder than tourist attractions, this book might be disappointing. I've read a couple of Leslie Meier's long list of cozies. I happen to love Lucy Stone. So I ended up a happy camper.  http://www.lesliemeierbooks.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?