MANUSCRIPT FOUND IN ACCRA by PAULO COELHO

"Daughters of 
Jerusalem weep not, 
for me,
but weep for
yourselves, and for
your children.

Luke 23:28
 
This is a story about different truths. Truths I would say are needful in order for me to continue my life journey successfully. The Copt answers the questions from a rabbi, a neighbor, a merchant, a young woman, etc. Each of these people asks a significant question of the Copt.

 By the way the Egyptians ultimately gave the papyri to the Coptic museum in Cairo, Egypt. The papyri were found in the 1940's and went through different hands before landing in the Cairo museum. Anyway, it felt almost too good to be true to read questions I have wondered about myself.
                                                                               None of the life questions bored me to tears. I sat in bed or on the couch reading at my normal rate of speed but praying all of the wonderful, wise and beautiful answers would stick in my head for the future. Then, I remembered a good goal would be to reread the book. Then, I will journal part of the book for reference. It is amazing how PAULO COEHLO could write in such a simple way the answers to questions only owned by wise men. The people ask questions about solitude,  defeat, anxiety, etc. Rather than making life seem too difficult to live the author made life's journey seem like one I could take with ease if I only tried and didn't mind failing along the way. My impression is that it's important never to give up. I thought of a sermon I once heard. The minister begins the sermon with the words Never Give Up. He said those words ten times in succession. He told us Winston Churchill had spoken those three words in a famous speech.

Thank goodness the Manuscript Found In Accra leaves room for failure. I'm one of those people who have to practice, practice, and practice until I get it right. Then, I might fall down all over again. I need that room for Grace. Here is what is written about failure in Manuscript Found in Accra. "Failure does not allow us to dream. Its motto is: "Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed." Paulo Coelho also writes about death. This is the one time we can't run away from ourselves or get a friend to walk with us around a dark corner. He calls death "the unwanted visitor." I think the most important words were about feeling useless. Again, the author writes "Nothing in this world is useless in the eyes of God. Not a leaf from a tree falls, not a hair from your head, not even an insect dies....Don't try to be useful. Walk neither faster nor slower than.....

There are many words written about dreams, taking risks and what if feels like not to take a risk and settle for the humdrum mode of life. In the author's words "I will look at everything and everyone as if for the first time, especially the small things that I have grown used to...."  As seen this is a powerful book. Reading the questions is also delightful like the main meal when I'm so hungry the feeling is unbearable.coelhopaulo






Comments

bermudaonion said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?