RING AROUND THE ROSY by JACKIE FULLERTON

Anne is the major sleuth in this mystery. I really liked her. She is really brave. She moves around the most dangerous places in Florida. Never feeling the least bit afraid. Her number one thought is to find the killer or killers. In RING AROUND THE ROSY by JACKIE FULLERTON there is a string of revenge murders. All the murders are happening in the same family. After the murder, the murderer pins a note on the clothes of the murdered victim. Each murdered person is pinned with a single line from the English rhyme Ring Around The Rosy. This is the way the Detective, Don, and the other law enforcers and Anne can tell how many murders will be committed. Down to two lines of the rhyme they realize the murderer will kill two more people. The murderers want to destroy all of the descendents of this family line.

I sang Ring around The Rosy with my friends as I grew up. Little did I realize what the little song meant. This song was sung during the Pox epidemic. That really shocked me. I thought it was just a bunch of rhyming words. What fascinated me with this mystery is the psychological side of it. Carl and Jeremiah are the murderers. The head man is Jeremiah. When Jackie Fullerton explained the mental illness of Carl and how his mind was working I was amazed. The mind really is fragile and complex all at the same time.

I also enjoyed the fact that the author threw in so many details about Anne. I read about her liking the Miss Julie series of books. Anne also loved the movie, Beaches. I haven't seen that movie. Might have to take time today to see it. My favorite part of the novel is the ghost in the novel. Anne's father comes back from the other side to visit her and to comment on what's happening during these crimes. Anne can always tells her father has arrived in the room because his pipe smoke fills the room. I happen to love the smell of a pipe. What's amazing is that Carl one of the murderers sees Anne's father. I'm not quite sure the author really explained why a mortal person could see an immortal person.

There is also a romantic element. Anne is in love with Jason. However, while in Florida she falls for the detective. She feels very guilty. One day or night they share a deep kiss. Anne wonders whether that is considered cheating. She also wonders whether she should tell Jason her hidden feelings for Don. For some reason Anne reminded me of a grown up Nancy Drew. I really liked her. I look forward to meeting her in future mysteries written by Jackie Fullerton. Along with the supernatural element there is a quiet Christian element to the novel. So this is why I'm putting it under Christian fiction. jackiefullerton, The Cadence Group

Comments

bermudaonion said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph