HOLY MAYHEM by PAT G'ORGE-WALKER


It's too bad all churches aren't as eccentric and wildly enthusiastic as Mount Kneel Down Non Denominational Center. While the congregation praises THE LORD, other members are continuing to feed their habits of greed and anger. I felt really upset with Deacon Whistle who has the nerve to embezzle funds from the church. As I looked at him, I also looked at myself. I'm not embezzling church funds, but I'm far from an ideal Christian. Let's just say I'm taking care of my hateful habits without the help of detectives and a family that includes members like the two Godmothers Joy and Patience. I am also without the help of cousins like Porky and Lil' P. Each of these characters I have named are fun, really hilarious is the right term.

Pat G'Orge-Walker's mix of crime with religion and a hair salon are wonderful. This is the novel to read for calming all those strung out nerves. If I didn't feel like laughing and wanted to stay in a cry in my Kool-Aide mood, I couldn't pick up HOLY MAYHEM. At times I did feel it got almost slap stick funny, in other words, too silly. However those moments were few while I read Pat G'Orge-Walker's novel. Next time, yes I am definitely going to read more books in this series, I will be more prepared for a book that is heavy with lightheartedness. patgorgewalker

Comments

bermudaonion said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tea said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?