The Sound of Red Returning by SUE DUFFY 1



Russia, Israel and the United States are countries involved in an intricate, fast paced espionage dance. With President Noland in the White House, the CIA, the FBI and other spies there is a dance of death going on to find a missing document which will show the name of a mole. I came to know very well a famous Classical pianist named Liesl Bower. Liesl Bower lives in Georgetown. She grew up in Charleston, South Carolina. Music is a huge part of this novel. One night Liesl witnesses the horrific murder of a College Professor. Little does she know that his secrets will lead straight to her door in the coming future. It is so ironic how life can lead an innocent person into danger. While paying a routine visit to a college office, Liesl picks up a certain music sheet by mistake. This music sheet is partly written in code. It is written only for certain eyes to see. Fast forward and SUE DUFFY took me for a hair raising ride with double agents, guns, racing cars, hide outs and murder. Suddenly Liesl is in the middle of a catastrophic whirlwind.

"When he was gone, she rounded on Liesl. "Listen to me. Your friendship with Max does not override national security. And it certainly isn't going to preempt this operation!...And, if I think you're about to jeopardize the capture of this informant, I'll have to sequester you and let other authorities decide your fate."

I began to think how quickly our roles in life can change. Liesl is use to sitting quietly before crowds in an auditorium. There is where she plays Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky and other composer's music. Music is her life. It helps her keep sad memories in the back of her mind. She has also kept GOD in the shadows of her mind.

"Determined to outdistance the voice, she had just begun to climb higher....The slashing percussion so close made her collapse into a protective ball against the steps, her hands clamped tightly over her ears. When the last note sounded, Liesl remained curled against whatever else might hurl itself at her. God, are you just a place? A Noise? Can you not hear me?"


This Christian fiction novel, The Sound of Red Returning, made me meditate on my prayer life. It is not easy to grab for Jesus while running from danger. It is so much easier to learn about His character while life is quiet and simple. Liesl soon learns this vital lesson.

"Was there a comforter that was everlasting? And she knew. The reverend was right. I can't do this alone anymore. I need you....Father!" sueduffy kregel
juilliard 
upress.state





Comments

Sue Duffy said…
Thank you for your in-depth review of my novel. How heartening to know the reach of one's work. I'm grateful.

Blessings!
Sue Duffy
Sue Duffy said…
On behalf of Liesl and the rest of my cast, I thank you for this fine review. It will fuel me as I write book two in the trilogy.

Stay with me.
Sue Duffy

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?