THE MIRROR OF N'DE BY L.K. MALONE



Kregel books/Litfuse
Just beginning to appreciate this one. I've not read much Fantasy. I am caught up in the story because of Nomish and Hadlay. They are two young people with other young people from another clan who are forced to live with the Emperor. Although he is powerful, he lacks the values of the Ramash. The Emperor, his son and the people in the palace are Oreseds.


The book makes me think about the importance of family and the place called home. So many oppressed people are taken faraway from their home and loved ones to learn a new way of life. I'm sure the feeling is most miserable.

"A sudden, aching homesickness overwhelmed her."

Before the story ended Hadlay and those friends and enemies who choose to do it learn about The Being. He is the one able to make all their narrow paths wide and there crooked paths straight because He only knows how to give true love. His wonderful willingness to save those in trouble makes The Being look beautiful. He shines beautiful colors and his body spreads a nice warmth to those who trust Him. With Him all things are possible. He has the ability to destroy the people who would choose to drink human blood rather than think of blood as a living tool to save spiritually.

"Sirach breathed against her palm, and she felt the warmth of his breath spread through her, even in the dank cold of the dungeon....We are joined now, you and I, and nothing can ever separate us...when that day comes, beloved. I will carry you home myself and there will be great joy, a celebration unlike any ever known to all all the worlds."



 

Comments

Esther Joy said…
When I read your post, the part that said, "He is the one able to make all their narrow paths wide and there crooked paths straight because He only knows how to give true love", it made me think of a verse from Isaiah that says "I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them."

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?