YOU CAN BE EVERYTHING GOD WANTS YOU TO BE BY MAX LUCADO

"A frog can flap its little legs and never fly."

While reading YOU CAN BE Everything GOD WANTS YOU TO BE BY MAX LUCADO, I read the above quote. I chuckled. Then, I reread the quote. I recognized the fact that at times I have acted like a frog trying to fly. When I was young, I behaved this way many times. Unfortunately, I did not own a wonderful book like the one Max Lucado has written for young people. It would have helped put my jigsaw puzzle self together. This is a very practical, God centered book.

On the front of the book is a bright orange circle. In the circle are the words "Perfect Gift FOR THE Graduate." I say amen to that advertisement. This book is one I would carry everywhere. It is small. It is light weight. It does not look like a nerdy book. The book cover fits a young woman or young man. After all, who does not love a goldfish? Besides this is a goldfish which is out of his purpose. The question comes to mind if a goldfish is not happy with his small bowl and would rather have a larger bowl, is it possible I am trying to be someone other than myself too? It is true animals and people have many common traits.

More important than the cover are the words written inside the book. Max Lucado wants people to find their "sweet spot." Your sweet spot is the zone where you are happiest, most fulfilled, can serve the most and last but not least, where God knows you belong. Only God really knows the answers to these questions: Who am I? Where do I belong? and Where am I supposed to go?  God keeps no secrets from us.  Max Lucado has included the most expedient scriptures in YOU CAN BE Everything GOD WANTS YOU TO BE.

ICor.7:7
Each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Max Lucado's book is filled with beautiful pastel blue colored pages too. My favorite one is the page with a bird cage. The bird is gone. I suppose the bird is off to find his or her "sweet spot." The desire for a life of contentment versus one of frustration is felt by all God's Creation. This book is so inspiring. I am sure it could become a gift to succeeding generations, a family legacy. The book is timeless. When I find the YOU-nique me, I find God waiting for me. I would like to end this book review by stating Max Lucado's words from the book.
"You are THE ONLY YOU GOD made."  That is just a breathtaking thought. 



Comments

Susan said…
Wonderful review. Makes me want to read the book!!!!! Thanks, Tea.
Tea said…
Hi Susan,

You're welcome. Thanks for coming by.
Ms.Daisy said…
Hi Tea,
I love Max Lucado! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hey!"
Charlotte said…
We have several of Max's books but not this one. It sounds wonderful. Thank you for the great review. It is so true. We need to find out where God wants us to be and then be happy and content wherever that is.
Blessings,
Charlotte
I read and reviewed this book recently on my blog. I have almost all of Max Lucado's books. I also read A Maze of Grace and reviewed it recently. Keep reading good books!
You made me want to read this book. Good job!
Tea said…
Thank you~ Max Lucado's books are so wonderful and helpful too. Thanks to all of you for stopping by.
Anonymous said…
Stumbled onto this after a day of wondering while out walking what my purpose is and where should go/be. Thanks for reminder that everything has a purpose. (Typing from Scotland where Max Lucado books are also very much firm favourites!)
Tea said…
Thanks for stopping by. Say hello to all in Scotland.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph