A Maze of Grace by Trish Ryan


A Maze of Grace is Trish Ryan's second book. I want to read her first book, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. Trish Ryan shares some details that are in her first book in A Maze of Grace. I wondered how in the world she survived that part of her life. However, she did pick herself up, dust herself off and start all over again. I'm sure she could only do it with God's hand in her hand. The second book is very revealing and honest. Trish Ryan is not afraid to write about days when you don't know where you are going, if you will get there or if you have already been to that place already. Trish Ryan comes clean and tells about wandering in a maze almost like the way the Israelites wandered in the desert.

I was especially moved when she told about she and her husband's desire to have a baby. I've read other books about infertility. I have to say A Maze of Grace really put her shoes on my feet. Truly, I do not believe the struggles with infertility can become real, understandable unless a person has gone through, lived through that experience. My babies came easily and quickly. I do not claim to know and understand Trish Ryan's incredible heartache. I do know what she wrote made me cry, made me feel more empathy for couples going through wanting a baby very badly.

A Maze of Grace is not just about infertility. It is about so many other issues. The book is about searching for answers about God and life. In the end God is always intertwined with our lives like a tightly braided basket. This book reminds me of David's Psalms. There is doubt and strong faith. I liked the book because it helped me to not feel guilty about not being a goody two shoes. It is alright to question. After all the Christian life is a maze. The Christian life is one of "Amazing Grace."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?