The Bridge :Between "Cell Block A" And A "Miracle" Is: Psalm 91 by Jackie Carpenter

From the moment "THE BRIDGE" arrived in my mailbox, I thought of the book as a special gift. Along with the book came a gold pin titled Psalm 91, a bookmark and a personal autograph from Jackie Carpenter, the mother of Jason Veitch. When I opened the book, I started reading and could not stop unless someone knocked on the door, the telephone rang, or I needed to check on a meal being cooked for dinner.

It is impossible to tell in my own words the tragic ordeal, trial, painful days and months lived through by this family and their friends. I do know from Georgia to New York and back again prayers rose to Father God and His Son, Jesus Christ's throne.

This book "THE BRIDGE" taught me the importance of holding God's eternal and able hand throughout the ordeals of life. The Father and Son will never reject us. They will only hold us up until a merciful deliverance comes to us. I have learned the importance of a prayer closet. If no prayer closet is near, I have learned the importance and mightiness of prayer wherever I go. Jackie Carpenter prayed the Psalms daily in court, out of court, on the street. Through her, I have been inspired to read the Psalms knowing those are God's words being prayed through me for my family, friends, a stranger. Psalm 91 became Jackie Carpenter's special prayer for her son's escape from a truly desperate, horrible situation.

If there is any way you have the chance to read "THE BRIDGE," do read it. It's a prayerful book from a loving mother's heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?