Twain's End by Lynn Cullen (Gallery)

It begins with 1909. It's March. Unfortunately, it's not a autumnal month of the year. There is trouble, anger, jealousy, an affair, and guess who is involved? Mark Twain. I'm not a fan of Mark Twain. Well, I loved Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. I've always felt unsafe with his racial values. Perhaps, I have judged him by his appearance: The white goatee, the white suit, the whole look. I just never wanted him to make me laugh. I wouldn't give in and read  "The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calveras County.  twain.lib.virginia.edu/huckfinn/jumpfrog.html  At last, I'm going to read this short story. It's followed me for years. I pray it won't make me laugh. If I laugh, it will mean Mark Twain is in line to become an author I like.I hope along the way to read to learn about this author's personal life. I'm already feeling sorry for that woman, but that's not right. Maybe I'm thinking of Anna Karenina. Well, I'm off to read about Isabel V. Lyon, Mark Twain and Ralph Ashcroft. The novel begins in Connecticut. Snow is falling but not leaves.

Yummy, the first page has taken me away, somewhere else where there is a "painting of the Pitti Palace in Florence." sbas.fi.it/english/musei/palatina/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?