When I Looked At Lois Lane, What Was It All About?

I can't believe it. In my head, Lois Lane is still dark haired, writing for the newspaper and helping Clark Kent/Superman become the master of all humans. What I can't believe is her age, ninety-five years old. I remember watching her on t.v. I haven't thought of her in years not since my comic book days. To say sorry about her death does not seem like the right words. After all,  I didn't know her personally. And I've never seen these young photographs of her. I only know about the dark haired Superman and Lois along with the telephone booth, etc. I am grateful for the memories this morning.

It all slid back in to place, the black and white t.v. and the work related romance. It was a thrill. It still is a thrill. So I do have the right to say I feel awful about Lois Lane's death. A woman who gave many people pleasure and moments of fantasy. I would love to know what was happening in the news at that time. Perhaps, the idea for Superman  flew from the pages of a true story. I wonder did my parents need a super human godlike figure to get through their daily routine.

Anyway, I'm embarrassed. I never knew her real name until this morning. Her name is Noel Neill. Lois Lane and Noel Neill seem to fit. The names seem cheerful, clean and spunky. That's what women were suppose to appear as in the Fifties.

And who was the real Superman? Was it Clark Kent, or was it really Lois Lane? The Superman myth follows all women, any color until this very day. Maybe it follows the lady running to become the first woman president, Hillary Clinton, not to mention First Lady Michelle O'bama and her daughters, Malia and Sasha, along with Chelsea Clinton and all our First Ladies and the First Daughters of the past.

I think Superman was deeper than the age old words "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Superman!" What was the underlying message that I was too young to receive as a Baby Boomer? What was it?
gephardtdaily.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?