"We Will Overcome These Hard Times"

 All of you know I love books whether new or old. A couple of days ago, I think Friday, I took this novel down from my bookshelf. I was looking for Six Easy Pieces by Walter Mosley. I did find it. Then, I rediscovered this fat novel titled Man Gone Down by Michael Thomas. While Walter Mosley is a well known and favorite author of mine, I know nothing about Michael Thomas except the blurbs on the inside of his book and on the outside of it. So I riffled through the pages and came back to the dedications on the front pages. What greeted my eyes? Music. I had to look up to the Heavens and say a soft thank you God. He's always there giving tiny blessings and serentipitous thoughts. The musical thought spoke to me because during these turbulent days I've heard the Chief of Police, David O. Brown, the people and other leaders like President O'bama say the word "love." 

Sometimes that one word, a very significant word, can seem trite or overused. Not during this week of pain, blood and death. It carries new meaning. I feel it's the word that will make America stronger and victorious. In Man Gone Down by Michael Thomas, one dedication is

 "We proclaim love our salvation...                              
                                --Marvin Gaye

Yes, I know Marvin Gaye is gone from us. I also know that he is a historical musical figure none of us will forget. He is one of many whom our children will meet in school and in their History books. He speaks from the grave through Michael Thomas telling us 'don't fret. Love always works.' Here is the song from which the words above come, "Wholy Holy." Thank you, Google for aiding me during a search. I wasn't familiar with the song.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9qJxRrJqE

 "Wholy Holy"



Oh Lord
We can conquer hate forever, yes we can
Ah, wholy holy, Oh Lord
We can rock the world's foundation
Yes we can
Better believe it
Wholy holy together and wholy
Holler love across the nation
Oh, oh
Wholy holy
We proclaim love, our salvation
Oooh, ooh... 
Since I haven't taken the chance to write condolences on my blog, I would like to write that my heart goes out to the immediate families and friends and the nation and those who have become involved in our troubles internationally. I deeply sympathize with each loss. 

Here is the title of this book by Michael Thomas.
  goodreads.com/book/show/.Man_Gone_Down
 
"Michael Thomas was born and raised in Boston. He received his B.A. from Hunter College and his MFA from WARREN Wilson College. He teaches at Hunter College and he lives in Brooklyn with his wife and their three children."
danaroc.com/inspiringmichaelthomas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?