Aches, Pain And Love by Kira Lynne (ARC) (Netgalley)



"Meditation was a great way to increase my awareness around what was going on inside my mind."

When I first heard the word meditation, I felt weirdly uncomfortable. Then, I began to feel interested in it. I asked my husband 'how does a person meditate?' I asked him because he meditated often and without any trouble whatsoever. I listened more closely to the sermons in my church about meditation. Soon I learned to think about my problems. I pictured Bible stories like Samson and Delilah, David and Goliath and The Israelites and Egypt in my head. God seemed to fit the stories to my modern day life. I began to smile a little bit while the struggle was still happening.

Lately, I have a short attention span. So I haven't been meditating. Therefore, at times my troubles grow bigger and bigger, and I scream with anxiety. Kira Lynne's writings about meditation are helping me want to pull back into that inner world where God fights every battle, where I know the purpose of my suffering and where there are everlasting promises.

I find there are other popular ways of meditating offered in books, magazines or by video. I am not comfortable with all the ways. Neither do I understand each way.  Here in "Aches, Pain And Love, I find carefully placed hint which this woman used while suffering chronic pain.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph