Murder And Brandy Boy by Dianne Harman



In Red Cedar, California, there is trouble. Teens at the high school are going against the rule to get what their heart desires. Priorities of parents and teens is definitely out of order. The big prize is Stanford University. The question is what should you or what should you not do when you want something so badly, and you don't meet requirements. Nerdy Birdy, Manny, Mark and two graduating students who are dating one another are some of the characters involved in this shameful situation that ends in murder.

Liz Lucas, the owner of Red Cedar Spa, becomes deeply involved in the case. She is also the main sleuth in other books written by Dianne Harman. I thought a lot about peer pressure and  the need to succeed. I also thought about the pressure to pick the most outstanding university. This becomes more important than thinking about future grades that will lead to a person becoming outstanding in his field and community. I liked the cozy because there are so many issues to think about including gun control, how far should a parent go to protect his/her child and how to not become a people pleaser because of fear.

I loved Winston and Brandy Boy. Dianne Harman really gives great background information. For example, I didn't know the history of St. Bernard dogs. Fascinating. To top it all of at the end of the cozy there are recipes. My eyes hooked on  to the very chocolate cake.

I felt happy when "Murder And Brandy Boy" ended. One more second and it would have gone on too long. I didn't get to know Winston, the other dog, very well until the end of the story. So, I focused all my attention on Brandy Boy. I also would have liked to know what Red Cedar looked like as a town. Thought Seth Williams, the Police Chief, very interesting. He came across as such a slimy person. Usually, all of the police are fine people who just need help figuring out the crime. This Seth person really grossed me out.

 Looking forward to another cozy by this author. I have the feeling Roger will appear again still in love with Liz. dianneharman.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?