Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman



Laura Lippman in Wilde Lake brings us to Two Americas. One America has become historically famous. Most well known when it is sung by Billie Holiday. The song is titled "Strange Fruit." I heard my parents talk about it and other friends down through time. I tried to listen to it for the first time tonight. I couldn't do it. It's heartbreaking what Black men have suffered down through the ages here at home in America. I will listen to the rest of the song at a later time.

Thank goodness Laura Lippman gave a look at the other America. Because I am not fully equipped tonight to write about That America I will focus on the other one where Davey sings "This lovely land is mine. This lovely land is mine. This lovely land is mine..." As the song reached its climax, a scrim depicting the Tree of Life fell and somehow it seemed as if the chorus had become a living, breathing Tree of Life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?